What do those names have in common? They all are soccer stars; Brylie just happens to be the pint sized version. This made my heart burst! I have been so excited for Brylie to try soccer. I played all the way through college. It was so much a part of my life. I absolutely loved it. So, when I had Brylie, I knew she would have to try it out.

Brylie joined the Ripples league. She is a new member of the Grizzlies. We went shopping and got cleats, shorts, shin guards, and socks. I LOVE how you can barely see her knees (and that is with her shorts rolled twice). She said her shorts were like Ross's shorts. :)

Brylie was pretty hesitant at first. She didn't like the warm-up. It was basically some running in place, high knees, and ball touches. I thought it was a bust because she wanted no part of it. However, when Coach Derrick said to dribble the ball to the goal, it was on. Brylie told me to leave and off she went.


She was an excellent listener. She followed all directions. After every water break, she sprinted back out to see what was next. As I sat there and watched her, I kept thinking how big she looks. She is not my tiny Boo anymore. It is hard to see your babies grow up.

Brylie took a liking to Coach Wilson. He worked with her a lot. He gave her positive encouragement and lots of high fives. I think he may be the Coach Dean of soccer.





At the end, the parents and coaches made a tunnel for the kids to run through. They proudly walked/ran as we cheered them on. I am SO glad we signed her up for this. I loved it, and more importantly Brylie loved it. Daddy was pretty darn proud too. :)


What a great experience for Brylie! I love the tunnel at the end. She looked liked she was having a blast!
ReplyDeleteShe was! It was so fun to watch!
Delete