Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, March 18, 2011

Accidents Happen...

Brylie's daddy searched high and low to find a swing set, slide, and playhouse. We found the perfect one to fit our small space in the backyard. We had a playdate on Thursday. Brylie's friends explored outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather. During this perfect moment in our toddlers' lives, a crazy accident happened. Brylie fell on her wrist. I didn't want to make a big deal about it. She seemed pretty bothered by her arm and kept asking for mommy's kisses (usually they are magical and work). My friends, thank God they were with me, helped me emotionally decide to take Brylie to the doctor. (That is code for I was a crying mess)
Shockingly, she fractured her wrist. I could not believe it. The whole ordeal was exhausting. Brylie was very tough when the doctors pushed, turned, and examined her arm. She cried during the X-ray because I couldn't hold her. She cried during the casting because she was absolutely terrified at what was going on. Let me tell you, it wasn't too fun for me either. It was tough to watch my 2 1/2 year old have her arm wrapped up into a hardened form. On the bright side, Brylie has seemed to adjust to her new "addition."
She is loving her swing. It is easy and safe for us to use. Brylie giggles when the swing goes high. She could probably sit there for hours.
Brylie has been enjoying her playhouse. She absolutely LOVES when the dogs come into her house. They come in the door, but exit through the window. She belly laughs with delight when they hurl themselves out her front window. She plays on the phone and peeks her head out and says "Hello!"
Bubbles still bring pure joy to Brylie. Cast or not, she runs around the yard chasing after the bubbles. Her favorite part: When Duke, the Boxer, jumps and bites the bubbles. More belly laughs!
All in all, I am pleasantly surprised at how my Brylie has adjusted to her cast. Sleeping is still not the easiest considering it isn't the most comfortable. She is a brave young girl. I am very proud of her.

1 comment:

  1. I love the last picture. It show the resilience of a child's spirit. Sweet girl...

    ReplyDelete