Christmas. My husband calls me a "Christmas Head." I guess it is true. I absolutely get giddy with excitement to wrap presents, decorate the tree, and give gifts.
Part 1 begins in Indiana with my Grandparents, the Cholgers, my dad, brother, Brylie, and me.
My Grandpa. I cannot even put into words how much I adore him. He is the silliest, most playful man I have met, other than my husband. My Grandpa is amazing. It was a joy to see Brylie visit with her Great Grandpa on this trip. She talked with him. He taught her how to say "Kitty." She sat with him every morning and every night on his lap in his chair. It once again touched my heart.
Snow. Lots of snow. Brylie was intrigued at first and not so sure what this white stuff was. We bundled her up in layers and took her outside. She just stood there contemplating what she was supposed to do with it. I helped her trudge through the snow and she fell down at one point. Once her bottom touched the snow and her hand felt the cold, it was over. I could tell that, like her daddy, she was not fond of snow (yet!)
Not only did they have tickle fests and cuddles, but my Grandpa loved watching her walk around their apartment. He would swing his arms around and say silly things. Our little sponge would soak it up and copy everything he did.
I am so blessed to be able to share these events with my Grandparents. I truly miss my other grandparents and Aunt. I am just thankful Brylie gets to spend time with them and grow before their eyes.


Great-grandparents are a true gift. So glad Brylie gets to spend some treasured moments with hers. And it looks like she may be more of a FL girl than a snowy IN girl.
ReplyDelete