Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

9 month old Wellness Visit


Brylie had her visit with Dr. McCollum today.   We learned that Brylie is 23 pounds 10 ounces and 29 inches long.  She is growing like a weed. As you all know, my child eats like it's going out of style.  Brylie is in the 97th percentile for her weight.  Therefore, Dr. McCollum feels it is okay to cut back some of her caloric intake from the formula.  Brylie will be getting slightly less each day.  No biggie!  In addition, we are having something checked out on her eyes.
I struggled with seeing that my little girl was just untouchable and impossible for any illness or issues.  I know that is not true.  However, to hear that something might lead to surgery is very scary for a new mom.  I now know what my parents went through when they heard the news I, as a baby, would have to have not one, but two eye surgeries.  I will keep you updated.
The good news is that the doc felt that if there were ever a famine, Brylie has enough "stored" to keep her alive!  Haha....he was being silly.  He is a super doctor and I am so happy he has helped us nurture a healthy, happy child.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah, It's Erin's friend Maureen! Brylie looks great. 23lbs????? Reagan was not yet 16lbs at her 9month check up. Our babies are keeping both ends of the spectrum in check ;) What's the eye issue? Reagan has a blocked tear duct and I am praying that it goes away by October so we can avoid surgery. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete