Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A little of this, a little of that

As you all know, we finally moved!  We moved in the Saturday before Christmas...just in time for Santa to show up.  Brylie was VERY excited to be at our house for Christmas.  Reagan doesn't quite "get" the whole Christmas thing.  One thing for sure is that she LOVES Christmas lights.  She can spot them anywhere and proudly tells
us "That's Christmas!"

 We moved in....but that doesn't mean the house is done.  Dad and Dan have been working countless hours to move the progress along.  We have floors, all new paint throughout, new textured ceilings, mostly new light fixtures, and placement of most furniture.  We still have LOTS to do.  
The picture below is the dining room.  When you walk in the front door, this room is to your left.  We have removed mirrors, river rock, and nasty cat pee carpet!  
 When you look to your right from the front door, you will see the hallway to our master bedroom.  We had to downsize in this department, but managed to keep our large furniture.  We have done new floors, paint, and fixtures.  Down the road, we will redo the bathroom/closet area.  
 Venture down the hallway from the dining,  you will enter the kitchen.  There has been a huge overhaul here.  We raised the ceilings, took out the huge pantry and island, added granite tile countertops, and have started painting cabinet doors.  I know you probably LOVE the look of no cabinet doors, but it will be fixed as soon as I can get them painted!  In the future, we will redo the cabinets and countertops completely, get new appliances, add an island and BAM!  Dream Kitchen.
 Off the kitchen is the family room.  My dad, brother, and Dan hooked us up with in the wall wiring for the TV.  It looks clean and nice.  We have painted the wood wall and other walls.  We added the COOLEST fans ever.  Eventually, we will add some stone and mantle around the fireplace.  
 Off the back of the family room lives the girls' playroom.  Complete with a kitchen, toy bins, a table, and art area, the girls spend lots of time in here.  Also, we have a new laundry room.  We have new tile floors.  In the future, we will add a mudroom area and woodwork.  

There are other rooms I have not shared yet.  The girls' rooms were too messy this time.  Shocker.  Once we have woodwork up, all boxes unpacked, pictures/art up, I plan to do before and after side-by-side pics of each room. 
In addition to all this, Brylie started soccer.  Of course, I was EXCITED to see her play.  The first two games, she pretty much ran away from the ball.  If you know anything about any sport, usually you do not run AWAY from the ball.  We cheered her on and encouraged her to be brave.  I pretty much had it set in my head she was not going to progress with soccer.  I swallowed that pill...then a miracle happened.  The third game, she turned into Mia Hamm!  She was getting right in there with all the others.  She even scored a goal.  Yes...a real, legit goal.  I almost passed out!  She was soooo proud.  Even if she doesn't want to play again, I have enjoyed watching her.  




1 comment:

  1. The house looks beautiful, Sarah! I'm happy you guys are adjusting so well to life in Florida.

    ReplyDelete