Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 30, 2013

Child of the Day and Home Sweet Home

Brylie has settled in to her new school.  She is so blessed to have wonderful teachers who embrace our witty, silly, and sweet almost 5 year old.  She was cursed with a "W" last name.  For those of you who have earlier alphabet letter last names, you don't quite understand this curse.   You see, those of us with W, X, Y, Z last names are ALWAYS last.  I know very well how that works.  I grew up as a Wyman.  Therefore, I was last pretty much in everything in school (unless a sweet teacher started from the end).  So, Brylie has been patiently waiting to be Child of the Day at her school.  I knew why it was taking so long for her name to be called.  I just had to keep it a secret so she could be surprised when it was her turn.
Child of the Day you ask?  Well it is quite the honor.  She will get to bring 4 things that represent her to the class on Wednesday.  If you know my Brylie, you can probably pick some of those things.  She has chosen Lollie, of course.  She also chose Rainbow Dash(shocker).  Her third choice was her camera. The fourth and final thing was a picture of Ross with her (Love this choice).  She chose all of these items on her own.  She will share them with the class.  She gets to bring in the snack that day as well as some other classroom privileges.  Along with these things, we got to bring Ollie the Owl home.  Ollie is the class stuffed animal.  He has traveled to all the houses of all the kids with a final stop at the Whorton's house.  Brylie was VERY proud to have him here.  Ollie got to meet Reagan, Grandma, and the dogs.  Ollie had the special honor of meeting Lollie.  They look like they could be lifelong buddies.
 A perk of having Ollie is Brylie gets another sleeping buddy.  She felt pretty special with these two.

I wanted to share the video of our house (I forgot to turn the phone horizontal...so the video is skinny)



1 comment:

  1. You know MY favorite part of this post!! Sweet friends. THe house is going to be amazing!!

    ReplyDelete