Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Spidey meet Kitty.

4
4 years old.  I will soon have a 4 year old.  Since Ross and Brylie have close birthdays and basically all the same buddies, we decided to do a joint party again (I say millions of THANK YOU's to Erin for agreeing to a late party for Ross).  Last year when we did this, the theme was monkeys.  Pretty simple.  This brings me back to 4.
Ross, who is 4, and Brylie, who is almost 4, are different genders (Duh!).  They still get along pretty well when they play.  It takes them about 30 minutes to get over their tattle telling time.  After that they are usually good to go.  Ross definitely likes to be Spider Man.  Brylie is more interested in other things.  Soooo, this years theme was not very similar.  Spider-Man meets Hello Kitty.  We decided to do half of everything: decorations, balloons, food.  
Erin found the CUTEST cookies.  She is quite the baker and took on the task of baking yummy cookies.  Since I am NOT the baker, I became the decorator.  I put my skills to work.  Here is a photo progression of the Spidey cookies.  





The final products!!  I am very happy with my first time with this whole Royal icing/coloring/piping/flooding.  I think Erin and I might be gifting cookies to everyone in the future.  It was super fun to make these.  Best part??  They actually taste really good (Dan tested the Kitty casualty that fell on my lap.  He approves).  I am very excited about their party this Sunday.  All their friends and ours, good food, FABULOUS cookies, and party time!
Many thanks to Sweet Sugar Bell, and her amazing, helpful blog. 

1 comment: