Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 20, 2012

A 5K kinda Day

12 weeks.  3 times a week.  1-3 miles.  We did it!  I am so glad that Erin got us signed up and going with a 5K training.  Melanie (for those that don't know, Westin's mommy) and I tried to do what the program suggested.  For the most part, I think we did a great job.  It was lots of fun to run through the streets of Murfreesboro.  It was not so fun listening to some guy snort every few steps.  Yuck!  Despite the unpleasant sounds, we had a great morning.  My goal is to continue running and hopefully do more races!
 We had some supporters along the way.  Melanie's sweet family cheered us on at the finish line.  My sweet family was at the finish line, but didn't see us.  I still was happy to see my girls, the kids, and Dan supporting me.  
 We were so fast we had to represent the "Bolt" pose.  Bahahahah!  Not so much....Note to self: Never make that face again!

No comments:

Post a Comment