First Day of School. I know that brings up alot of memories for everyone. I can remember first days of school growing up. I can remember the first day of school while teaching. All the nerves and excitement about meeting my new class. Brylie had her first day of Mother's Day Out yesterday. She seemed pretty excited about going to school again. On the way there, she was telling me how she wanted to go to the other school where Mrs. Julie and Mrs. Terri were. That warmed my heart knowing she was in such good hands with those two women. I knew at that moment, that Mrs. Heather and Mrs. Susie had some big shoes to fill.

We met them at open house. Both new teachers seemed very sweet. I knew Brylie would be in good hands once again. When we got there yesterday, with her Dora nap mat in hand, she was able to see familiar faces: her beloved Ross and friends Madison and Hannah. Last year, I didn't get too emotional. I knew she would enjoy it. This year brought some tears to my eyes. This is the first time I felt like Brylie was a big girl. She walked in on her own. Took her own jacket off. And, off she went to start her day. I had to go get her to get a hug and a kiss. It makes me happy to know she feels comfortable there. I helps me appreciate the small things and enjoy Reagan as a tiny one.

These next pictures are for Merc. Merc, you are an amazing woman. She treat us like family and we love you. You have kindly made so many beautiful clothing items for my girls. They are by far my favorites. I brought the girls home in these two outfits. I didn't get any pictures that day because of the excitement of coming home. I did manage to get a couple of them today. Brylie loves her baby sister. She wanted to "hold" her for the pictures. Erin, these are classic "up the nose" shots of Reagan. It really is hard to get shots that are not up her nose. Maybe I will figure it out. I know in the future I will have many wonderful opportunities to take pictures of my two beautiful girls.

On another note, Brylie wanted to call Grandma today. I mean, literally, she held the phone and talked to Grandma. She was telling her about the cats, about the planes, about the closet, you name it, she talked about it. Brylie is a talker, just like I was (according to my mom). On Monday, we get to pick Grandma up at the airport. I know we are all excited about that.


Thank you for sharing the pictures of the girls - they are the sweetest!!!! - and for the sweet sentiments! You all know I love you, too...all of you!
ReplyDeleteA few days ago, I mentioned to Erin that I'm already thinking Christmas shirts.....OMG. I'm going to have to get started SOON with all the new babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!