I remember a year ago taking Brylie to see Santa. I wasn't sure what to expect. Brylie was just over one year old. We met the Perlicks there. I was advised to slowly walk towards Santa without Brylie seeing him. I placed her on his lap. She kept trying to look over her shoulder but Santa would dodge the looks to help keep her calm. We got a great picture of our little Boo.

Fast forward one more year. Brylie is now just over 2 years old. She talks in complete sentences, is more aware of everything, and knows when she is "scared." (She even tells you if she is scared). We have been chatting about Santa for quite some time. We have seen Santa decorations and pretended to be Santa with "Ho,Ho,Ho." I was certain that we would get more smiles this year. Well, we arrived at Santa's chair. Before stepping into the area, Brylie said "Mommy, scared.." I kept reassuring her that he was so nice and would bring her presents on Christmas. She clung so tight to me I thought we were going to have to do a "Mommy, Brylie, and Santa," picture. I was sitting with Brylie and Santa. He asked her what she wants for Chrismtas. She responded, "These are my shoes." He said those are nice. She then added,"That's my daddy." Well, since that was all cleared up, i snuck away while they continued to chat.
Daddy did some silly things on the floor in front of the camera. We managed to capture Brylie sitting with Santa, tolerating it. Days after this trip, Brylie points to her picture with Santa that now lives on our fridge. She talks about getting her picture with Santa and wants him to bring her Christmas Lights.....



Sweet sweet sweet!
ReplyDelete