Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

It's a Pre-K kinda day

Ladies and Gentlemen....Brylie is a real student!  She started PreK on Monday.  She will be attending a fabulous program at East Lake United Methodist Church called Young Days.  We met her teachers Ms. Nicole and Ms. Leanne.  Boy are we lucky!  These two ladies are super sweet.  Brylie was very excited about being in a big girl classroom.  She picked out her favorite dolphin shirt, helped pack her bag, and even smiled for pictures!

So off we went to school.  Brylie knew that this year would be different.  She would be more independent.  We were told to come to the door and let the kids go in and take care of their business without our help.  I wasn't sure what Brylie would think of this.  I found out pretty quickly in front of the school what she thought.  She said, "I got this mom.  You don't have to walk with me."  All this was said before we barely got out of the car.  I definitely had a harder time than she did.  I am so proud of her.  She is so smart and so beautiful.  It is hard when they seem to not need you.  I know I didn't want her screaming and crying.  I know that this is a good thing.  It's just hard to see my baby so big!  
When the cat's away, the mice will play!  Reagan and I played outside that morning.  We were searching for lizards and flowers.  She seemed to enjoy her mommy time!
 We went to pick Brylie up at 2.  She said she had lots of fun and it is her favorite school ever.  She asked to go back.  That makes me super happy to hear.  That tells me she enjoys her classroom, enjoys her new friends, and her teachers are super sweet.  It's going to be a good year for Ms. Brylie.
On another note, the girls had some painting fun this morning.  Brylie loves art.  She loves to paint, draw, color, and create.  That pulls on my heartstrings because I love doing that stuff too!  


 Florida fits for our family.  We are finding our niche.  We almost have a house.  Everything is falling into place.  As a reminder to all our friends back in TN and everywhere else:  Florida is a great place to visit ;)

2 comments:

  1. Love to see that everything is falling into place! Best of luck to Brylie at preK!

    ReplyDelete