Brylie has been asking for her ears to be pierced for quite awhile (since she saw baby Mila). We set up a sticker chart for her to earn this big reward. Brylie worked very hard at waiting for her clock to turn green, showing good manners, and not whining. She successfully filled her chart, so off we went to Claires. Brylie really was quite nervous and unsure of what it would feel like. Knowing Brylie, I assumed there would be LOTS of tears.
![]() |
| Before Ear Piercing |
![]() |
| After! Very happy |
She has been a trooper and keeps up with cleaning and turning (with the help of me). Speaking of trooper, we welcomed home a Whorton Trooper. Tei has been stationed in Clarksville. She flew into Nashville. We surprised her with a proper welcome home! We have been seeing alot of Tei. She is a fabulous person. I cannot say enough about how nice it has been to have her here on the weekends.
October has several symbols. Brylie was born in October. Halloween is in October. The Pumpkin Patch is too! I love going to the "Punkin" Patch (as Brylie calls it). This year Brylie and Reagan enjoyed a beautiful day picking out pumpkins, riding the tractor train, and scoping out the animals.
![]() |
| Brylie's Pumpkin |
![]() |
| Reagan's Pumpkin |
Halloween! Brylie chose Dorothy several months ago. She sported the Dorothy outfit to her school's Fall Festival. Seriously?! Cutest Dorothy ever.
At gymnastics, they had a super hero day. We stumbled across a Spider Girl costume on sale. Of course we had to have it! Brylie decided to test out her super hero skills.
| Brylie's pumpkin |
After all the fun with Birthday Parties, Fall Festivals, and Halloween, we were able to settle down and relax. Or so I thought. Last Tuesday, Erin and the kids were at our house playing. Brylie, like any normal day, was jumping on her trampoline. I had to go upstairs and heard some crying. Erin was by the trampoline and Brylie was sitting there crying, no tears. She said she hurt her leg. Of course, I was kinda thinking it probably just scared her. I put her on the couch where she stayed until early afternoon after Reagan's nap. I told her she had to walk or we were going to the doctor (thinking this would encourage her to walk in fear of another shot). She stood up and took one step and fell to the ground screaming. Off to the doctor we went. After an exam and x rays, Dr. McCollum walked in with the dreaded news. She fractured her distal femur!! I was in complete shock. Dr. McCollum personally called the orthopedic guy and asked if he would wait for us (it was almost 4:00 and they don't see patients after 4). Dr. Steinagle graciously waited for us. This is the same doctor and nurse tech that helped us when Brylie fractured her arm. Brylie was very brave and chose a pink cast. So, here we are after week 1 of a cast. It has been ok. She is finally figuring out how to get around. It has been hard having 2 that cannot walk. There is only so much you can do with a 4 year old that cannot move. My friends, and hers, have been super helpful. They are wonderful friends!!
One last thing happened in this past month. We had to put our sweet boy, Duke, to sleep. He had a bout of pancreatitis and was hospitalized for four days. We brought him home, administered fluids, and thought he was on the mend. Things took a turn for the worse, and we had to make the hard to decision to put him to sleep. I am in tears now as I think about him. Dukers was a wonderful dog. He was so sweet to the girls. They would tug on his ears, chase him around the house, and cuddle him. He was always eager to please. He would wag is "tail" which was a nub. His whole back end would wiggle back and forth when he was happy. He was a good guard dog and barked at visitors to let us know. He kept the neighbor's dogs in check. He chewed on the fence to let them know he meant business. How do you say good-bye to a faithful friend? I am not sure I have come to terms with it. Each day gets easier, but I still miss him so much. My mom sent a beautiful wind chime with a boxer silhouette on it. I love to hear it chime, and I think of him. Good-Bye Duke. We LOVE you and will miss you so much!!


.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment