Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hair

We have not touched Brylie's hair since she was born. We have let it just grow. Having a girl has sparked all the fun images of doing cute things to her hair. Pig tailes, ponytails, braids, curls...I remember when she was a few months old, she seriously had a toupee. No joke. It was on top of her head because when she slept she rubbed the back of her head. I remember envisioning all her hairs falling out. Yes, she had a toupee. Yes, it did fill in. (This picture is the best one to show her toupee. You can see the line in the back where her toupee ends).
For a few months now, I have been noticing a slight mullet going on in the back. It was only slight. So, we decided to get a trim. I was not aware of how hard this would be for me. I kept going back and forth between cutting it into a cute bob or just evening it out some. Luckily, Dan decided and we just evened it out.
Brylie surprised me in the chair. I thought for sure she would be terrified. She sat there still gripping the life out of her Lollie under the cape. She did so good. The stylist gave us the clippings of her hair (about an inch). I am such a silly mom. My least favorite moment of the event was the fact I forgot my camera so we had to use a phone's camera. Not the best quality, but it will do.
It's hard to notice the trim. I notice it because I look at her beautiful hair everyday. It just looks more "kept" to me. I don't plan on too many cuts. I am hoping for her hair to grow long. I am trying to cherish this while she is young. Before I know it, she may want to do crazy things to her hair. Between you and me, I don't think I can handle that! For now, we will enjoy our semi-control of her beautiful hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment