Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Girls Weekend

All new mommies need time away from their babies. I have been on a few date nights. Dan has hacked into his redneck genes and gone to some Nascar. Finally, after some planning, I will be gone with some girlfriends to Atlanta. This is a big deal. This will be the FIRST time going away without baby or husband. This will be the FIRST time going away for more than a night from Brylie. This will be the FIRST time I will get a facial!!! Although I am beyond exciting and need this time for me, I know I will truly miss my beautiful girl.
How could I not miss the face above?

Ahhh...my little nose picker.

Alas, I am so comforted to know that my husband, the amazing man and father that he is, will have no problems taking care of our little one. As a matter a fact, Brylie will probably have so much fun she won't even miss me. What do you think?

So, many thanks to Erin and Maureen for planning this trip. Thanks to Erin's Grandma for allowing us a place to stay so we can spend our money on facials, pedicures, shopping, and food. AND big thanks to my husband for making this possible for me to even go.

3 comments:

  1. Hip Hip...HOORAY!!!! Hip Hip...HOORAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's well deserved my beautiful Sarah. Don't worry about us...we're gonna grab a bottle of whiskey and a deck of cards and make a real weekend out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I'M SO SURE you called to check on Brylie as much as Erin checked on Ross, I know you girls had the best time! I'm so happy you admit that you need the time for yourself - I truly believe it makes you a better mom! Yea to Dan and Nick...and the other two husbands in Florida. Go Girl's Weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete