Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Where do I begin.....

Nashville has been my stomping grounds for about 7 1/2 years now.  I have had lots of firsts in middle Tennessee. I was able to marry the love of my life. We found a great first home in Smyrna.  I was able to teach for 2 years with some fabulous teachers...a few I now call dear friends. I was able to be pregnant the same time as two of those fantastic ladies. We all had our first baby around the same time. We all had the next round pretty close too. It has been a blessing to go through new mommy hood, toddler hood, sibling hood ( all the hoods,) with these two ladies. I've been able to add a new mommy friend who is also super fabulous. Soooooo, who in their right mind would leave that? It definitely would have be something pretty big.  Our family is embarking on the next chapter in our lives.  We are moving to Florida to be near my parents.  We move in a little more than a week.  Everything has fallen into place. It just seems right. Yet, I still have this rock in my stomach; ache in my heart.  I have moments when i am so sad and cry.  My sweet Brylie (Reagan too) will be leaving best friends.  Selfishly, that means I will be leaving mine too.

I have learned that in life you develop friendships that come and go.  I didn't realize what a true friendship was until about 4 years ago.  This kind of friendship I am referring to is the one that is basically family.  I definitely feel like I have three women I could call family: Erin, Ellie, and Melanie. I know that wherever we all are, I will always have you guys. Ellie and her family moved away several months ago. She handled it all like a champ! Meanwhile I lose sleep, stress, cry, and try every chance I get to spend with the Perlicks.
The Perlicks.  That name will forever be family to me. (Maybe in the real sense too!). I love her entire family!  We chat daily and see each other several times a week.  It is so hard to find another mommy that parents the same and loves your kids like their own.  She is an ear to listen, a shoulder to cry on, and a well needed laugh. I can't imagine finding another Erin Perlick.  I get sad thinking about how lonely I'll be with that part missing from my life.   I know in Florida we will be busy. I know I can meet new moms. I can schedule/attend play dates. But Hell.....I like them now how I can go in yoga pants and last night's t-shirt. I love how she can come here without me picking up or cleaning and she never judges! I love how Brylie asks to ride her van.  I get sad wondering when Brylie will ask to see her Ross once we are down there.  I could probably go on and on about my feelings, but then I'll sound like a mental patient who needs medication! 
 I know that we will adapt. Our family will survive. I know we will chat lots. I know we will FaceTime. I know that even though miles will seperate us, she will always be special.   I will miss their family more than words can say.  Who knows what the future holds...what I do know is that we have been blessed with great friendships, and that we all have forever friends! 

I think I need a drink!  Hahahahaha!

1 comment:

  1. Go ahead and have that drink. You deserve it. I only wish I was there so we could have one together.

    We are lucky to have the friendships we created during our time in Nashville. Distance doesn't change what those friendships are all about. Texting, facebooking, and phone calls make the miles seems fewer. And trust me because I know from experience, Erin Perlick is a tough friend to shake. And so am I.

    Your kids will adjust. You will have a new routine. You will make more friends. And hey, you're moving to Florida where all of us want to visit! ;-) Sending some love and encouragement your way, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete